When we enter a new season, it can feel refreshing to update your wardrobe, and with Spring upon us, it is the perfect time to do this.
It can be tempting to go out and fill our wardrobes with impulse purchases that may not mix and match in with our existing garments, leaving gaps in our wardrobes that can have us wondering what outfit to wear before our day even starts. (Sound familiar?)
The solution to this dilemma is to build a 'Capsule Wardrobe'. A capsule wardrobe is a carefully curated selection of key pieces that are interchangeable and all compliment each other. It allows you to mix and match new and old garments to create multiple outfits from the same few pieces.
The good news is that with a little bit of planning, you too can create a capsule wardrobe. Here are our top tips to help you on your way to creating your own.
- Clean out your wardrobe and only keep pieces you know you wear and feel good in. Lay it all out so you can see what you have.
- Look at the existing colours you have and lock in a palette so any new purchases you make will work in with your existing clothes.
- Identify your style and what types of activities you do in your everyday life to work out what you need.
- Figure out what pieces are lacking in your wardrobe, so you can consciously plan future purchases and avoid impulse buying when you are shopping.
- Donate or sell the items you no longer want to keep and give your clothes a second life.
- Invest in quality products that are ethically and sustainably produced that will last you into the future.
We have put together a few of our favourite pieces from our Spring/Summer collection to help you create a timeless capsule wardrobe for the coming season, with fashion you will love to re-wear time after time. A lot of these ideas will work with our existing ranges that you may already have in your wardrobes at home.
The Swift Tiered Dress: Classic and flattering, this dress can be teamed with a pair of flats and pared-back jewellery for an easy and stylish day-look. Swap out your flats for some strappy heels, a belt and statement jewellery to create a more dressed-up look.
The Demi Box Tee: This easy-to-wear bamboo tee is so effortless and comfortable to wear; you will not want to take it off! Pair it with one of our tube skirts, tights or even jeans for a comfortable ready-to-wear outfit with an eye-catching pop of colour.
The Lana Pant: These dropped-crotch bamboo pants are supremely comfortable and go perfectly with any slouch tee or singlet. It is the ideal versatile pant to wear with slides for a relaxed look or glam it up with your favourite heels.
The Quattro Bamboo Duster: The perfect extra layer you need! This amazing piece will go over anything from swimwear, to jeans to dresses. Wear it as an extra layer for an evening out in your Swing Tiered Dress; or pop it on over your Demi Box Tee and Lana Pants for those cool spring days. A quality and stunning investment you will reach for many times over!
We hope these tips have helped you look at your existing wardrobe with fresh eyes, and work out what you may need to add in for an update. We hope you love our new Spring Summer Collection as much as we do!