As with all long weekends they are usually busy, full of events and of course food! This year, we’re keen to keep things small and cosy with our dearest, and couldn’t think of anything better than a comfortable, relaxed gathering at home with some culinary treats.
Grazing platters have always been a favourite of ours, and are even perfect for those of us who are not so adept in the kitchen. Our favourite grazing platter is a little more sweeter than most and we love the idea of mixing sweet and savoury together.
Here are some ideas so you can make your own! In lieu of one or several larger shared platters, we love the idea of creating individualised mini platters for each of your guests too.
For savoury part of the platter we love combinations of the following:
- Hummus with crudités. Radish, dutch carrots, baby capsicum, cucumber and celery cut lengthwise
- Blue cheese, prosciutto and pear on miniature bamboo sticks
- A selection of gourmet crackers and cheeses
- Rice paper rolls
- Miniature sandwiches - cucumber and cream cheese, roast pumpkin and hummus, chicken and pesto are all winners
- Prosciutto wrapped breadsticks
And for something more sweet, layer up with any of these:
- Petite biscuits, macarons or pretzels
- Shards of thin fancy chocolate
- Berry kabobs with chocolate drizzle
- Dried and fresh fruit - we love figs, strawberries, grapes and kiwifruit
Imagine the beautiful moments you can create this long weekend, without slaving away in your kitchen. We know that our days will be filled with a much more relaxed vibe, perfectly paired with some of our new Lou Lou favourites of course. Comfortable as always, our Katy Frill Maxi Skirt and Stella Slouch Tee worn in these shots, are such a beautiful combo. Ready to keep you looking fresh, stylish and on trend for whatever your long weekend brings you.